Erkki Tuomioja, Finland’s foreign minister told the Daily Telegraph that European leaders must prepare for an impending rupture of the euro zone. Tuomioja said he should be ready with an operational plan for any eventuality
“There are no rules on how to leave the euro, but it’s only a matter of time. Or the south or north will fall, because the currency is causing misery for millions of people and destroying the future of Europe “Tuomioja said.
“It’s a total catastrophe. We will run out of money in the way we are going. But nobody wants Euroapa to be the first to abandon the euro and bear all the blame.”
The Minister of Finland, one of four euro zone countries rated “AAA” said the euro could break before a stronger European Union.
“It’s not something anyone wants in Finland, let alone the government. But we must be prepared. The breakdown of the euro is not the end of the European Union. This could work better with the European Union “he said.
- Finland prepares for break-up of eurozone (engineeringevil.com)
- Finland and the Euro (gilescadman.vg)
- 08.16.12 AEP: Finland prepares for break-up of eurozone (johngaltfla.com)
- How Finland keeps its head above eurozone crisis (guardian.co.uk)
- The latest euro-zone member to request a bail-out | A fifth bitter lemon (economist.com)